Find out more about Corporate LMS Software
What is Corporate LMS Software?
Corporate learning management platforms are designed to help you deliver a range of online training courses, from employee on-boarding resources to workshop courses and even hybrid variants. The main benefit is you can collect training metrics for each learner and build the most effective learning environment for them. Plus, you can perform skills gap analysis with pre-testing, spot difficulties in the learning curve throughout the training, and adapt the learning tempo accordingly. Another advantage of corporate LMS is that you can evaluate employees' performance with post-course tests and metrics. This system also helps to automate the record-keeping process, and advanced solutions provide collaboration tools that instructors can use to create useful course materials. The corporate LMS category is chock-a-bloc with a number of good quality apps and we especially recommend the current leader Litmos LMS which our review team rates as the best in the group.
Most Popular Corporate LMS Software
Best Corporate LMS Software
How To Choose The Best Corporate LMS Software
Corporate Learning Management System (LMS) is used by companies to train and educate their employees. The software provides online training materials you can use to manage your employee’ progress and monitor their performance. A lot of vendors offer collaborative functionalities that make it possible for coaches in different locations to work together to expand the courses. This is one of the main features to look for when selecting the best corporate LMS software. Here are a few more aspects you should consider while evaluating different corporate LMS software for small business and large enterprises:
Get to know each product with free trial
A good course of action is to sign up for at least a few free trials and unpaid basic plans from the vendors that are popular. With that method you will have the opportunity to test the list of important elements and you will get a good overview of the capabilities of each app. The best thing to do when looking for the best corporate LMS software is to try services that currently have the highest results in our SmartScore and Customer Satisfaction Rating in the Learning Management software category: Docebo reviews, iSpring Learn LMS, Accord LMS, RomyLMS, GyrusAim, and Mindflash.
E-learning is an often met practice in almost every corporate environment, and managers are more than aware that learning management systems can be of great help to streamline efficiency and to cut costs. Thereof, we rounded few generalized scenarios to help you estimate whether your business is mature enough for a corporate LMS:
- Small Businesses that want to conserve resources. When it comes to business, time is money, and that’s especially true for small starters that want to make e-learning more accessible without breaking the bank. With a corporate LMS on board, all it takes to connect employees and on board new hires is a stable internet connection.
- Medium Businesses looking to simplify their training programs. Developing businesses don’t have enough time and money to focus on e-learning, and they’re looking to reduce the tedium of developing training programs as much as possible. What corporate LMS systems do for them is to allow them to pursue powerful and affordable initiatives, and to have a centralized database from where all employees will find materials depending on their role.
- Large Businesses struggling to keep customer satisfied with their business decisions. Remember that staff is the host of your company that receives customers for the first time, and is therefore the mere face of your brand’s reputation. While it comes quite intuitive that enterprises don’t have time to monitor every employee separately, they can at least train him to fulfill users’ expectations. Statistically, this is one of the best ways to improve ROI and performance in general.
What are Examples of Corporate LMS Software?
- Docebo: A top-ranked SaaS e-learning solution combining the most valuable aspects of learning management under one roof. It is powerful, extendable, and incredibly easy to use.
- Brightspace: A comprehensive learning platform for companies and organizations that combines learning and resources with advanced analytics for a more integrated corporate environment.
- SuccesFactors (SAP): One of the best enterprise-level LMS applications that empowers learning in cloud, and opens opportunities for development and better customer satisfaction.
- iSpring Learn LMS: A straightforward and beautiful LMS that suits any type of organization, and has a vast suite of statistic indicators that measure learning success.
- Halogen Software: A highly recommended LMS which exceeds expectations, mostly because of its ability to handle specific hiring and recruitment needs.
Types of Corporate LMS Software
Best corporate learning management systems can be classified in many ways, depending on their functions,price, or deployment. Most generally, they can be categorized in two groups:
- Open Source Corporate LMSs: Open source means that the code is available for all interested users for free, and it is extremely configurable to suite the needs of every individual, company, or organization. Companies can always take it a step further with innovative add-ons, but they can also stick to the basic version hosted in cloud. To make things even better, open source LMSs have huge user communities where you can ask for advise instead of contacting support.
- Commercial LMSs: Obviously, if you want to make the most of your e-learning process, you’ll be expected to pay for it. The commercial LMS type promises more efficiency, access to a robust feature set, and an unlimited number of users, to mention few. It is usually more stable and less prone to security risks than the open-source one, and it provides access to live support. Unlike open source systems, a commercial LMS doesn’t have to be hosted in cloud – you can always opt for a deployed solution and set it up behind your firewall.
Key Features of Corporate LMS Software
These are the basic features to expect from your next corporate LMS:
- Compliance. Compliance is an imperative feature for every corporate LMS, as it ensures that companies won’t take their training efforts beyond standards and regulations. When using an LMS in a business environment, compliance can also be triggered to establish a framework for developing training programs.
- E-commerce. If there wasn’t for this feature, many people would ask whether using and LMS makes sense for retailers at the first place. Your LMS should be packed with branded certificates, reports, and similar e-commerce features.
- E-learning course building. This is the specific feature that allows you to create and develop training courses, including a variety of course authoring tools and the compulsory chance to customize them. Scalability and security must also be taken into account.
- Feedback tools. A good corporate LMS is not only supposed to facilitate e-learning, but to make it measurable and accessible. One of the best ways to spot trends and deliver better courses is to enable a feedback function and invite end-users to share their impression.
- Multi-language support. Even if optional, this feature can be extremely useful for global companies and organizations training people in more than one location.
- Multimedia integration.In order to make courses more interactive, and to engage more users to follow them, the corporate LMS should support different types of media files, such as images, audio and video content.
- Online assessments. The same as traditional LMS, a corporate LMS should provide you with a functional suite for assessing and evaluating performance. Most of them come with pre-made grading schemes, built in certificates, notes, and even gamification suits where top performers will be awarded for their efforts.
- Site and online course customization. It is very difficult to find an industry-specific LMS, and that’s because it is even trickier to build one. Still, corporate LMS developers found a solution for this problem too: they made their tools customizable enough for every company to tailor them to the needs of its brand.
- Tracking reports. The invaluable information that has been gathered and tracked in the system is being preserved in a comprehensive database, and you should be able to export information from it. and to generate all sorts of reports based on it. Reports are customizable too, meaning that you can make them more brand-personal, or at least modify the content to fit your needs.
- Updating capabilities. Regardless of whether you’re running a deployed or cloud-hosted corporate LMS platform, you should be able to update the content of your courses, materials, and other processes any time you desire.
Benefits of Corporate LMS Software
It is essential for every company to train its employees about corporate policies and the products they use on a daily basis. A corporate LMS helps companies achieve this goal and enables employees to perform to their maximum potential. This comes especially handy when on-boarding a new employee, who’ll have access to a comprehensive database full of useful materials, instead of spending time learning and asking for information.
A good quality corporate LMS offers robust reporting and analytics to track the progress of employees. This enables administrators to easily monitor the group under their supervision. Strict parameters allow users to progress only after viewing each module and undergoing assessments for it. This ensures all employees take the training seriously and absorb the relevant information. Thus, a good quality corporate LMS allows companies to implement well-defined training processes and ensure employee accountability for the learning they undergo. Finally, quality LMSs have a well-developed collaboration section where users can exchange opinions, share files, and learn together.
As it is clear by now, corporate learning management systems are a powerful mean for cutting costs and expanding productivity, together with the fact that they keep teams connected and make the overall working atmosphere more pleasant.
List of Corporate LMS Software Companies
Page last modified
Our website utilizes our unique SmartScore™ method to gather information about all the products in the Learning Management System category so that we can help you select the best possible software. It takes into consideration the following elements: cruscial features, collaboration possibilities, customization, available integrations, intuitiveness, help & support, security, mobile support, scores in other media. As of now, TalentLMS is the leader in this category and our experts are really satisfied with it. After extensive examination it received the best results among its competitors and our experts strongly suggest that you include it as one of the choices for your business.
A look at general user satisfaction with the software in our Learning Management System category evaluated with our unique algorythm that finds user reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media platforms to help you make an informed investment choice.
Every vendor in the Learning Management System category will offer a different set of pricing plans for its app and each package will include a unique group of tools. Below we list the general pricing for the most affordable plan provided for each app. Keep in mind that advanced features may cost extra.
An analysis of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by all B2B solutions in the Learning Management System category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn which languages and countries are supported by the popular B2B solutions in the Learning Management System category, including services aimed at international markets and prepared for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Learn what pricing packages are provided by the vendors in the Learning Management System category to see which one fits your business needs and expenses best. Keep in mind that specific solutions can support free or freemium accounts for you to test first.
An overview of what kinds of companies a selected B2B software in the Learning Management System category is designed for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.